What are Information Cards?
The information cards are flexible content containers that serve as quick links to some of the more prominent or perhaps even the more frequently visited areas of your parish website. For this tutorial, we will explore the flexibility of the information cards, how to add a card, how to arrange the cards on your homepage, and how to delete a card.
What Each Information Card Offers
Each information card provides the following customizable fields:
- Image: Click the Insert button to choose an image from your site's image repository or to upload an image. Images should be
- Card title: Positioned just below the image, titles should not be too wordy but rather, should be as concise as possible.
- Description: We suggest no more than two brief, descriptive phrases
- Link title (button text): Consider using an action like “Learn More”, “Donate”, or “Watch Now” to encourage your site visitors to click.
- Link: Add a link to a page or file within your parish website or a link to an external website.
Editing & Adding Information Cards
1. Edit your parish homepage and scroll down to the Information Cards section towards the bottom of the page.
2. For sites that do not have any information cards present on the homepage, begin by filling in the fields in the blank information card provided.
3. To add a new infocard to your group, click the green plus sign (+) located in the top right corner of each infocard.
NOTE: Four infocards should be able to serve your parish well without taking up too much real estate on your parish homepage. Too many information cards can cause confusion amongst your visitors. Consider setting up a schedule for updating your site's infocards on a regular basis so as to keep the content fresh.
4. Click the Save and Continue button at the top of the page to commit your changes to the website.
Change the Order of the Cards
- Edit your homepage and scroll down to the Information Cards section towards the bottom of the page.
- Place your cursor on the infocard you would like to move, click and hold, then drag the infocard up or down in the list to the desired place.
- Once you have the card in the desired place, release it.
- Click the Save and Continue button at the top of the page to commit your changes to the website.
Deleting an Information Card
To delete an infocard:
1. Click the red dash button (-) located in the top right corner of each infocard.
2. Once you are done with editing your parish website
3. Click the Save and Continue button at the top of the page to commit your changes to the website.