For users with a Gmail Account, if you are interested in changing the name that appears associated with your email address, follow these instructions for two different methods for accomplishing this task.
Method 1 (Permanent Change, Affects all Google products that use this account)
- In the top right corner, click the photo of you (or your initials) and then choose "Google Account"
- Click "Personal Info" in the left column
- Under Profile, you'll see your name listed. Click on that
- You may be prompted to enter your password. Do that.
- Click on the Pencil to edit the name field.
Method 2 (Overrides Permanent Settings for Gmail only)
- In the top right corner, click the gear BELOW your photo (or your initials) and choose "Settings"
- Click the "Accounts and Import" tab
- Where it says "Send mail as:", click "edit info"
- Here you can change the name that appears and also add a "reply-to" address if you want people to reply to someone different than [email protected] (probably not, but sometimes this feature is useful)
Since Google expects accounts to be associated with a real person, with Method 1, you are prompted to enter a First and Last name. With Method 2, you are prompted with a blank field where you can enter multiple words (i.e. "Department of Internet Ministries")