With the EVO CMS, site managers can upload images and files several different ways.
Both images and files should be optimized before uploading to a website. Images should be the dimensions that you intend to use on the website and generally in JPG format. You also may need to crop or color correct the image as part of the preparation process. You should NEVER upload an image directly from your phone or camera. Additionally, PDF files should be compressed when possible to reduce the file size as much as possible. For more on image optimization, please see https://support.goarch.org/-/optimizing-images-for-the-web
Once your images and files are ready, log into the EVO manager and then choose on of the following methods:
Through the File Manager
- In the top menu click Elements -> Manage Files
- Navigate to the folder where you want to upload your image or file. If you are not sure, consult with your webmaster. A good place to start is in the assets -> images directory. If you need to create a new folder, click on "New Directory" in the top right corner. It is important to note that keeping your files organized is an essential part of managing a website.
- At the bottom of the page, click "Choose File" and select the file from your computer.
- After your file has been selected, click "Open". Your file should automatically upload. There is no need to click the "Upload file" button
- Once your file has uploaded, you should see the message "File uploaded successfully!" along with the URL (web address) right above it. You can then use that URL if needed to link to it from another application, such as Bulletin Builder.
While Editing a Page
Begin by editing the resource. Within the TinyMCE editor, place the cursor where you want the image to appear, and then:
- Click the Add/Edit image button (or the Add Link button for files)
- Click the Browse button
- Click the Upload button and select the image (or file) from your local computer
- The image(s) (or files) will automatically begin uploading. Once complete, the window will refresh to show your new image among the images available on your site.
- Click the [+] button below the image (or file) to add it
Finally click OK in the initial popup to return to the TinyMCE editor to complete editing your resource. See the annotated screenshot below for a visual guide.