Parish websites that are managed with the Evolution (EVO) content management system, have ten, predesigned page templates available for use. These templates provide different ways for displaying page content.
This article provides a listing of available page templates as well as instructions for selecting and implementing a page template.
|Even Split (Homepage): Two column layout with a 50/50 split||Lead Image With Right Side Column (Content Page): Lead image sits above a two column layout with 67/33 split|
|Even Split With Row at the Bottom (Homepage): Two column layout with a 50/50 split with row at the bottom||Left Side Column (Content Page): Two Column Layout with 30/70 Split|
|Even Split With Row at the Top (Homepage): Two column layout with a 50/50 split with a row at the Top||Right Side Column (Content Page): Two Column Layout with 70/30 Split|
|Full Page Layout (Homepage or Content Page): Single column that spans the full width of the page||Three Even Columns With Infocards Below the Slider (Homepage): Three column HOMEPAGE layout with a 33/33/33 split and infocards running horizontally below the slider.|
|Homepage Content Rows (Homepage): Displays two rows for content on the homepage.||Three Even Columns With Infocards Right Column (Homepage): Three column HOMEPAGE layout with a 33/33/33 split and infocards running vertically in the third column|
To Change the Template for an Individual Page
1. Choose a resource from the site tree and edit it.
2. Make sure that the General tab at the top of the page is selected.
3. From the dropdown menu next to Uses Template, choose the template that you would like to use.
4. Click the Save and Continue button to commit your changes to your website.
Advanced: Changing the Template for Multiple Pages
You can use the EVO CMS Doc Manager to change the template on multiple changes. The Doc Manager is located within Modules in the main navigational menu.
There are several changes you can make within the Doc Manager for multiple pages. The first tab "Change Template" will allow you to change the template for one or more pages.
1. Once in the Doc Manager, select the Template you would like to use for your pages
2. In the box labeled "Specify a Range of Document IDs", follow the instructions on screen to list out the IDs and any modifiers.
3. Click "Submit" to execute this change.
4. Once finished, click "Close Doc Manager"
Advanced: Changing the System Preferences for Templates
Within the System Configuration for your EVO CMS
1. Within the EVO CMS Manager, click on the Gears in the top right corner and choose Configuration.
2. Under the Site tab, scroll down to "System Default Template". Here you can select which Template you want to use as the Default. You can then choose to reset all or some of the existing pages to use the default template.
3. The next setting for "Automatic Template Asisgnment" will allow you to set the behavior for which Template will be assigned by default for new pages. You can either have it use the default template from the previous setting (System), or have it based on the Parent or on its Siblings.
4. Click the Save button in the top right corner to save any changes you have made to the System Configuration.