How do I set an automatic away or vacation message in Zimbra?
This feature is also known as an out-of-office auto-reply message. #
The most current version of this article is available here on the Zimbra Wiki:
You can watch a video tutorial on how to set your out-of-office message. Click here for a demonstration of How do I set an automatic away or vacation message?
You can set an away message that automatically replies to people who send you messages when you are out of the office for an extended period of time. The auto-reply message is sent to each recipient only once, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated vacation period.
To create an away message:
1. Click the Preferences tab.
2. Click the Mail tab. The Mail tab appears.
3. Scroll down to the Receiving Messages area, as shown below.
4. Check Send auto-reply message.
5. Enter the message to be sent in the text box, such as the message shown above.
6. Check Start Date.
7. Click the arrow to open the calendar, and select the start for the away message.
8. Check End Date.
9. Click the arrow to open the calendar, and select the end for the away message. The End Date is the last date (inclusive) that the away message is sent.
Note: Setting the Start Date and End Date is optional.
10. Click .
Average Activities per Day: 0
Highest Activity Period: Apr 1 - Jul 31 (2)
Lowest Activity Period: Jan 1 - Sep 25 (1)