Keeping your accounts secure on cPanel is critically important. Any unauthorized access to your account will grant access to all the files that make up your website along with full control of your database(s). It is good practice to change your password regularly to keep your account secure. In order to change your password, follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel *(If you cannot access your cPanel, send us a Helpdesk Request)
- Click Password & Security in the Preferences section
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and New Password (Again) fields.
- Click Change your password now!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is quickly becoming the norm when it comes to securing your accounts. 2FA requires you to verify your identity after you enter your password by having you enter a security code from a personal device of your choice. cPanel supports 2FA, and we encourage each webmaster to configure and use it on their own account. You can learn more about 2FA in the article Two-Factor Authentication for cPanel.