Wisdom of the Fathers Section
Wisdom of the Church Fathers displays a list of quotations and sayings from the Fathers of the Orthodox Church.
Wisdom from the Church Fathers automatically selects quotations related to the prescribed readings (Epistle and Gospel Readings) for the publication date of the bulletin. You may also search for quotations or enter your own to be included in this section.
Quotations that have been automatically selected by Bulletin Builder will appear at the top of the page in the Selected Quotations area.
To re-order a quotation, place you cursor over the word Move above the title of your selected quotation. Click the word Move and drag the quotation to your preferred location on the page. Once the quotation is where you would like it on the page, release the mouse button to save the quotation to its current position.
Editing a quotation allows you to change the quotations itself as well as the Author, Source, and Time Period if necessary.
To edit a quotation:
- Click the Edit button at top right of your selected quotation. This will open the Edit a Quotation popup.
- Use the Quotation field to change the quotation.
- Use the Author field to change the author of the quotation.
- Use the Source field to change the copyright information.
- Use the Time Period field to change the time period for the quotation.
- Click the Save button to save your changes to your Bulletin.
To delete a quotation, click the Delete button at top right of your selected quotation. Click OK on the popup box to confirm that you want to delete the quotation.
Note: If you delete a quotation that you had customized, you will lose those customizations. If you choose to re-include the quotation to your bulletin, you will have to add the customizations back to the quotation. Make sure you really want to delete the quotation before using the Delete button.
Adding a Quotation
You can add a new quotation in one of two ways. First, you can manually enter a quotation to include in your Bulletin. Alternatively, you can search for a quotation in the Bulletin Builder database to add to your Bulletin.
Adding a Quotation Manually
- Click the Create Quotation button in the menu bar at the top of the Wisdom of the Fathers Page. This will open the Create a Quotation popup.
- Type or paste the quotation into the Quotation field.
- Enter the Author to whom the quote is attributed in the Author field. This field is required, so if there is no known author, type unknown.
- Enter the copyright information into the Source field. While this field is not required, it is a good idea to get in the habit of entering this information to properly cite your source.
- You can use the Time Period field to let viewers known when the quotation was written.
- Click the Save button to add the quotation to your Bulletin.
Adding a quotation by Searching
- Scroll down to below the Selected quotations which are already in your Bulletin to see the Search for quotations section.
- Type your keyword(s) for searching in the Search field, and then click the Search button to see a list of all possible matches. You can search for a specific Church Father or a topic for the quotation.
- After searching for and finding your quotation(s), click the Add button on the top right to add it to your Bulletin.
- If you want to return the search results to the default for the day, click the Restore Defaults button.
Google Webmaster Guidelines and Best practices May 11, 2021
Viewing Your Subscribers November 2, 2018
Modifying Templates November 2, 2018
How to use the FlexSlider in MODx July 25, 2018
How to Adjust Images for Responsive Web Design October 26, 2017
How to access Archdiocese Files and folders remotely October 26, 2017
How Do I Write a Knowledge Base Article? October 26, 2017
Setting up Voicemail on your Phone October 26, 2017
Modifying Templates 59 Views
Publishing Your Bulletin 53 Views
The Bulletin Builder Dashboard 52 Views