What is Live Broadcasting?
Parishes are able to broadcast their divine services live online for those who are unable to attend in person. Since this service began in 1997, thousands of liturgical services and hundreds of educational classes have been broadcast over the internet.
What are the Costs?
The cost for streaming services is $900 per year for ad-hoc streaming (streaming only for each service). If you wish to stream 24/7, the cost is $1400 per year. All accounts will be pro-rated based on the month services begin. You will be billed when service begins and then every January afterwards for the upcoming year.
What do I Get?
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Embedded player for your website. The player is compatible with many browsers (desktop and mobile) and has customizable features.
- M-F 9-5 support
- Stream to all desktops, browsers, iOS, Android, and many other mobile devices
GOA Parishes also get: *
- Featured on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese website.
- Featured on the GOARCH TV App
- Featured in the Daily Readings app on iOS and Android.
* A Metropolitan's letter of approval is required to be featured on the above. When you submit a request for live streaming, please mention that you'd like to have the parish featured, also check out this article for more information and instructions.
Do I Need an Annual Subscription or Can I Set Up a One-Time Broadcast?
We can also accomodate one-time (non-recurring) broadcasrts. The total cost for these types of broadcasts is $150 for a single day (24 hours), which includes online service setup and basic troubleshooting. On-location service is not available, and a minimum of 7 business days notice is required.
Embedded Player for Website
We provide a player to place on your website. The benefits of this player are:
- Hosted with our streaming provider, which means a reliable network with easy updates and maintenance.
- Great browser compatibility. (See an official list of supported browsers: https://support.jwplayer.com/customer/portal/articles/2892811-jw7-browser-device-reference)
- Responsive design
- Automatic multi-bitrate switching
- HTTP and HTTPS compatibility
- Simple code to add to your website
- Customize your player with a different Splash Screen and/or Off Air image, and your own Google Analytics.
- No extra cost to parishes
Here are some examples:
In addition to choosing our streaming service, there are other things to consider when getting started with Live Streaming. The following article contains everything you'll need to consider: Live Streaming Made Easy in 10 Easy Steps