Listserv Bulk Mailing Lists Support
The term Listserv is kind of like the term Kleenex or Xerox. They are both brand names that have come to substitute for the original name of their products. Listserv is a trademarked name owned by a company that provides Electronic Mailing Lists. There are many different companies that provide these email lists (e.g. Listserv, Mailchimp, Constant Contact).
Listserv sets the standard for e-mail list management software. It allows users to create and maintain e-mail lists on the Internet. List sizes can range from a few participants in a discussion group to several million in a newsletter. LISTSERV is renowned for its flexibility, scalability and time-tested performance. Utilizing this software, we are able to give every parish a number of free listserv accounts. A member may join or leave the list whenever he or she wants. The personal e-mail addresses of the individual list members are protected and kept confidential. The list messages are automatically turned into searchable web archives every time e-mail is sent out.
A listserv should always be used when someone is sending an email to 20+ recipients. Most people don't know this, but sending out too many large group emails from your personal email accounts can actually result in your emails being marked as spam. This may prevent your emails - even emails sent to only one recipient - from making their way through.
- Creating a Listserv Subscription Page for a Website
- Creating a New List
- How Much Does a Listserv Mailing List Cost?
- How to Remove Yourself from a GOA Listserv
- How to Reset your Listserv Password
- Managing Subscribers for your Listserv
- Managing Your List Through the Listserv Website (Mailing List Management Interface)
- Modifying Templates
- Using Dropbox to Host Files for Your Email and Website
- Using Your Listserver With Bulletin Builder
- Viewing Pending Messages
- Viewing Your Subscribers
- What is a Listserv?