News, Messages, and RSS Section
Bulletin Builder makes available to users the ability to create a section of repeating content with the News, Messages, and RSS Section. This section allows for grouping items of a similar type together such as parish news, messages, or sermons. The News section also has the ability to read from a website's RSS feed and can be shared with others by the parish administrator.
Adding a News, Messages, and RSS Section to Your Bulletin
- Navigate to Manage in the site menu at the top of the page and select Bulletin Archive from the drop down menu.
- From the left-hand margin, click Manage Active Bulletin.
- Include the News, Messages, and RSS section into your bulletin by scrolling down to Add A New Section and click the News, Messages, and RSS button.
- In the popup window that appears, it is required that you select a title for your section. You may choose to also include a description. When you have finished click Save.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click Return to your bulletin.
Adding Content to your News, Messages, and RSS Section
Adding content to the News section gives users the ability to include either custom content such as parish news, or RSS feed content from website such as the website for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
- Displayed in the left-hand margin are the sections in your bulletin. Select your News section from this list.
Adding Custom Content
- In the section action bar at the top of the page click the Add Item button.
- In the popup window provided it is required that you provide a title as well as the section content. You may choose to include a publish date with your content by selecting a date in the drop-down calendar in the display date field. In the text field, type or paste in your content. Using the formatting options below, style your text as needed. You may also include photos and hyperlinks in your text.
- When you are done, click either Save and Close to close the window or Save and Add Another to add more content.
Adding an RSS Feed
- In the section action bar at the top of the page click the Add RSS Feed button.
- In the popup window provided it is required that you provide a valid URL or web address to the RSS you would like to include. Please be sure to include the http:// at the beginning of the URL (e.g. http://www.goarch.org/rss/news/RSS).
- When you are done, click Save to close the window.
- You may pick and choose which items you would like to include in your bulletin by clicking the Remove button in the item action bar above each listing.
- Items removed from from your bulletin will be saved in the Also Available section below on your page (see Removing Items for further details).
- At any time you may edit the information for the items in this section by clicking the Edit button in the item action bar located above each listing.
- You may also edit the title and description for this section by clicking the Edit button in the section action bar at the top of the page.
Sharing The News, Messages, and RSS Section
Parish Administrators will have the ability to share this section with other parishes.
- To share the News, Messages, and RSS section, click the Share Section button in the section action bar at the top of the page.
- In the popup window provided select a share type, a date at which time the shared content will no longer be available to others, and the appropriate keywords which best describe the shared content.
- Click share to close the window.
How to Stop Sharing the News, Messages, and RSS Section
- Click the Sharing this Section button in the section action bar at the top of the page.
- Click Stop Sharing close the window.
Removing an Item from your News, Messages, and RSS Area
Remove an item from the News, Messages, and RSS section in order to save it for another time.
- Beginning at the top of your page, find the item that you would like to remove.
- Click the Remove button to move that bulletin insert down the page to the Also Available area
- To include something from this area back into your bulletin click the Add button .
Deleting An Item from Your News Area
To delete a bulletin insert from your current bulletin will erase that item completely from your bulletin.
- Beginning at the top of your page, find the item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button . Your item will not be deleted until you confirm your decision in the pop up window.
Removing the News, Messages, and RSS Section from Your Bulletin
Removing this section from your bulletin will place it in the Add Available Content area on the Manage Bulletins page. Scroll to the top of the page and click the Remove Section button in the section action bar.
Deleting the News, Messages, and RSS Section from Your Bulletin
Deleting this section from your bulletin will erase it completely from your bulletin. Scroll to the top of the page and click the Delete Sectionbutton in the section action bar.
Searching for Shared Content
Users may search for other News, Messages, and RSS sections that have been shared by other Bulletin Builder users and include them in your own bulletin.
- Scroll to the bottom of the News, Messages, and RSS page and in the text field enter in a search term and click Search A search term may be the name of a city, a parish name, the name of an organization, or a keyword such as 'youth', 'news', or 'liturgy'.
- From the list of found items click the Add button on the items that you would like to include in your bulletin.
Google Webmaster Guidelines and Best practices May 11, 2021
Viewing Your Subscribers November 2, 2018
Modifying Templates November 2, 2018
How to use the FlexSlider in MODx July 25, 2018
How to Adjust Images for Responsive Web Design October 26, 2017
How to access Archdiocese Files and folders remotely October 26, 2017
How Do I Write a Knowledge Base Article? October 26, 2017
Setting up Voicemail on your Phone October 26, 2017
Bulletin Builder Account Registration 405 Views
Modifying Templates 323 Views
The Bulletin Builder Dashboard 307 Views
Introduction and Basic Editing in MODx 291 Views
Publishing Your Bulletin 258 Views
Organization Settings 251 Views
The Bulletin Manager 250 Views