Bulletin Inserts are extra pages that are included as companions to your weekly bulletin. A bulletin insert can be a flyer or small poster for an upcoming event, a booklet, form, or brochure that you would like to bring to the attention of your readers. Bulletin Inserts are available for download simply by clicking a link in the web or email versions of your weekly bulletin. They can also be included with the PDF version of your bulletin to be printed and dispersed to your readers.
How to include the Bulletin Insert Section in your weekly bulletin
- Navigate to Manage in the site menu at the top of the window and select Bulletin Archive from the drop down menu.
- From the left-hand margin, click Manage Active Bulletin
- Include the Bulletin Inserts section into your bulletin by scrolling down to Add A New Section and click the Bulletin Inserts button.
- In the popup window that appears, it is required that you select a title for your Bulletin Inserts section. You may choose to also include a description. When you have finished click Save
- Scroll back to the top of the window and click Return to your bulletin
How to add Bulletin Inserts to your Bulletin Inserts section
Note that you are limited to including 10 user-created bulletins within your bulletin. Any user-created bulletin inserts that are included in your bulletin will be auto-included in your next bulletin.
- Displayed in the left-hand margin are the sections in your bulletin. Select your Bulletin Inserts section from this list.
- Click Upload a Bulletin Insert
- In the popup window, click the Choose File button to find the insert on your local computer. When you have found the file, select it and click Open Only PDF files are acceptable for upload and there is a maximum of a 3 megabyte file size. If a file size is too big or not of the proper type, then an error will appear.
- It is required that you provide a title for your bulletin insert as well as a brief description. When you have finished click Save
Searching for Shared Content
Users may search for bulletins that have been shared across by other Bulletin Builder users and include them in their own weekly bulletins.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Bulletin Inserts page and in the text field enter in a search term and click Search A search term may be the name of a city, a parish name, the name of an organization, or a keyword such as 'youth', 'news', or 'liturgy.
- From the list of found items click the Add button on the inserts that you would like to include in your bulletin.
Removing Bulletin Inserts from Your Bulletin
Remove a bulletin insert from your current bulletin to save it for another time.
- Beginning at the top of your bulletin inserts page, find the bulletin insert that you would like to remove.
- Click the Remove button to move that bulletin insert down the page to the Available Bulletin Inserts area.
- To include a saved bulletin insert back into your bulletin, from the list of in the Available Bulletin Inserts area, click the Add button .
Deleting a Bulletin Insert from Bulletin Builder
To delete a bulletin insert from your current bulletin will remove that user-created bulletin insert completely from the Bulletin Builder website.
Note that Bulletins shared down or shared across to you can only be removed from your bulletin and not deleted.
- Beginning at the top of your bulletin inserts page, find the bulletin insert that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button . Your bulletin insert will not be deleted until you confirm your decision in the pop up window.
Google Webmaster Guidelines and Best practices May 11, 2021
Viewing Your Subscribers November 2, 2018
Modifying Templates November 2, 2018
How to use the FlexSlider in MODx July 25, 2018
How to Adjust Images for Responsive Web Design October 26, 2017
How to access Archdiocese Files and folders remotely October 26, 2017
How Do I Write a Knowledge Base Article? October 26, 2017
Setting up Voicemail on your Phone October 26, 2017
Modifying Templates 251 Views
The Bulletin Builder Dashboard 242 Views
Introduction and Basic Editing in MODx 239 Views
Bulletin Builder Account Registration 192 Views
Sharing Your Content 191 Views
Publishing Your Bulletin 173 Views